Types of Keys That Can Be Duplicated
1. What types of keys will this machine duplicate?
This machine is able to copy home and office keys. This includes most:
Kwikset, KW1 and KW10
Weiser, WR3 and WR5 (in some areas)
Others: Baldwin, Titan and clones of the above key types
Padlock key Masterlock M1 (on some machines)
2. Can this machine copy my car key?
No. minuteKEY does not copy car keys at this time, but can identify if your retailer can duplicate them and provide you with the necessary information to expedite the process.
3. Do I need to know what type of key I have?
No. The minuteKEY machine automatically identifies your key for you and determines if it can be duplicated.
4. Can I copy “Do Not Duplicate,” school building, high-security, public institution or other restricted keys?
5. Can I copy someone else’s keys?
1. How do I cut the keys?
Insert the key that you would like to duplicate, follow the prompts on the touch screen to place your order and the machine does the rest.
2. How accurate is this machine?
This machine is more accurate than most hardware stores. It uses computer technology to make near-perfect duplicates of your key.
3. What happens if my key is miscut?
We have a 100% customer guarantee. If your duplicate key does not work properly, you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase. See our CUSTOMER SERVICE page for more information.
1. What kind of payment methods do you accept?
minuteKEY accepts credit, debit and cash payment methods.
2. What credit cards do you accept?
We accept all variations of Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
3. Do you give change with cash payment?
No, presently minuteKEY does not offer change for cash payments.
4. Do you accept coins?
Coins are not accepted in the US and Canada.
5. Will I be charged for keys that the machine was unable to copy?
No, your credit card will not be charged unless minuteKEY can duplicate your key.
1. Can I copy “Do Not Duplicate,” school building, high-security, public institution or other restricted keys?
2. Examples of restricted keys:
Keys that state “Do Not Duplicate” or “Do Not Copy” on them
Keys to public buildings and schools
Other restricted or protected key types
Returns and Mis-cut keys:
minuteKEY offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. If your key does not work or if you are unhappy with your purchase, please fill out our CUSTOMER SERVICE form within 30 days of purchase to request a refund.
1. The machine will not accept my key. What should I do?
When inserting your key, make sure to follow directions on the kiosk. If you are inserting the key properly and the machine will not accept it, your key is most likely unable to be duplicated by a minuteKEY kiosk.
2. The machine will not accept my key. Will my credit card be charged?
No, your credit card will not be charged for keys the machine could not duplicate.
3. What is the customer service phone number?
Toll Free: (800) 539-7571
1. Do you store information about my key?
minuteKEY does not store any information about key profiles. A physical key is needed to make any duplicates.
2. Do you store information about my credit/debit card?
minuteKEY does not store credit or debit card information.
3. Why don’t you provide a paper receipt?
minuteKEY does not provide printed receipt but offers the options to email or text a receipt as a way to limit waste in our environment.
4. I didn’t get a receipt, how do I get a new one?
Fill out our CUSTOMER SERVICE form and we can email you a duplicate receipt.
5. Where are you located?
minuteKEY is currently located throughout the United States and Canada. Use our kiosk locator to find the kiosk nearest you.