1. What types of keys will this machine duplicate?
This machine is able to copy home and office keys only. This includes most:
2. Can this machine copy my car key?
No. It copies most home and office keys only.
3. Do I need to know what type of key I have?
No. The minuteKEY machine automatically analyzes your key to determine if it can be duplicated.
4. Can I copy "Do Not Duplicate," school building, high-security, public institution or other restricted keys?
No, this machine is not to be used for duplicating these types of keys. See Terms & Conditions.
5. Can I copy someone else's keys?
This machine is to be used only for duplicating keys you are authorized to duplicate. See Terms & Conditions.
1. Do I cut the keys myself?
All you need to do is place your order through the touch screen and insert the key that you would like to duplicate, and the machine does the rest.
2. How accurate is this machine?
This machine is more accurate than most hardware stores. It uses computer technology to make near-perfect duplicates of your key. If your duplicate key does not work properly, you are entitled to a full refund. See the customer service tab for more information.
1. Why do you accept payment by credit card only?
Presently, we accept only credit cards as payment. We do this to minimize vandalism and theft.
2. Can I pay with cash?
No. At this time, you need a credit card to use the minuteKEY machine. We apologize if this is an inconvenience for you.
3. What credit cards do you accept?
Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards, as well as ATM cards with any of those logos on them.
4. Will I be charged for keys that the machine was unable to copy?
No, your credit card will not be charged unless minuteKEY can duplicate your key.
1. Can I copy "Do Not Duplicate," school building, high-security, public institution or other restricted keys?
No, this machine is not to be used for duplicating those types of keys. When you use this machine you are taking personal responsibility that you are doing so with the permission of the authorized owner of the original key and that you are doing so lawfully. See our Terms & Conditions agreement for more details.
2. Examples of restricted keys:
minuteKEY offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If your key does not work or if you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please call us at (800) 539-7571 to process your refund.
1. The machine will not accept my key. What should I do?
When inserting your key, make sure you are doing so as shown in the diagram. If you are inserting the key properly and the machine will not accept it, your key may be a type that minuteKEY is unable to duplicate.
2. The machine will not accept my key. Will my credit card be charged?
No, your credit card will not be charged for keys the machine could not copy.
3. What if my new key does not work?
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If your duplicate key does not work or is otherwise unsatisfactory, you are entitled to a full refund. Please call us at (800) 539-7571 to process your refund.
4. What is the customer service phone number?
Toll Free: (800) 539-7571